Position: Associate Professor, Department of Photonics and Communications
Engineering, Asia University (TAIWAN) 500, Lioufeng Rd., Wufeng,
Taichung 41354, Taiwan.
Education： Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering, Tatung University, Taipei, Taiwan,
Academic Interests：Automatic Control, Signal Processing, and Computer Networks.
Honors: Distinguished Teaching Awards, 2009 and 2011.
Contact Information: hjko (at) asia.edu.tw
List of Publications
Part A: Refereed Journal Articles
- Hsien-Ju Ko and Wen-Shyong Yu,”Guaranteed Robust Stability of the Closed-Loop Systems for Digital Controller Implementations via Orthogonal Hermitian Transform, ”IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part B (SCI , EI) , vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 1923-1932, 2004.
- Wen-Shyong Yu and Hsien-Ju Ko,”Improved Eigenvalue Sensitivity for Finite-Precision Digital Controller Realizations via Orthogonal Hermitian Transform,” IEE Proceedings-Control Theory and Application (SCI, EI), Vol. 150, No. 4, pp. 365-375, July 2003.
- Hsien-Ju Ko, “Stability Analysis of Deigital Filters under Finite Word Length Effects via Normal-Form Transformation,” Asian Journal of Health and Information Sciences , vol.1 no.1 pp.112-121, April 2007.
- Cheng-Chi Lee, Rui-Xiang Chang, and Hsien-Ju Ko “Three-party Encrypted key Exchange Protocols with Perfect Forward Secrecy,” International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science(SCI), vol. 21 no. 6 pp.979-991, 2009.
- Wen-Shyong Yu , Hsien-Ju Ko* and Cheng-Chi Lee “Analysis and Design of the FWL Digital Observer/Controller Implementations: Eigenvalue Sensitivity Approach,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control (SCI, EI) 2010. *corresponding author. vol.6 no.9, pp.3961-3987, 2010.
- . Ching-Haur Chang, Kang-Ming Chang, and Hsien-Ju Ko , “Removal of random noises for ECG signals using adaptive noise canceller without reference input,” International Journal of the Physical Sciences, vol. 6 no. 24, pp.5699-5705, 2011. (SCI)
- Cheng-Chi Lee, Hsien-Ju Ko*, and Shun-Der Chen, “An improved simple user authentication scheme for grid computing,” Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences & Cryptography, vol. 15, no, 2&3, pp. 105-111, 2012. (EI) *corresponding author.
- Hsien-Ju Ko and Kang-Ming Chang, “Wireless Sphygmomanometer with Data Encryption,” Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering vol. 234, pp. 3-9, 2013. (EI)
- Shien-Ru Ko and Wen-Shyong Yu,“Stability Analysis of State Regulator Systems with Finite Word Length Effects,”The 2000 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Control and Instrumentation (IECON-2000), Nagoya, Aichi, Japan.
- Hsien-Ju Ko and Wen-Shyong Yu, ”Finite wordlength effects analysis of a digital neural adaptive tracking controller for a class of nonlinear dynamical systems,” IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Hawaii, USA, May 2002.
- Hsien-Ju Ko and Wen-Shyong Yu, Sensitivity minimization for controller implementations: Fixed-point approach,” American Control Conference (ACC 2004), Boston, Massachusetts, July 2, 2004
- Hsien-Ju Ko and Wen-Shyong Yu,”A Novel Approach to Stability Analysis of Fixed-Point Digital Filters under Finite Word Length Effects,” SICE Annual Conference 2008, Chofu, Tokyo, Japan, August 20-22, 2008.
- Hsien-Ju Ko, “An improved Approach to Stability Analysis of Fixed-Point Digital Control Systems under Finite Word Length Effects,” SICE Annual Conference 2010, Taipei, Taiwan.
- 中華民國發明專利：適應性線性時變濾波方法 (IIR ADAPTIVE FILTERING METHOD) 專利證書號(I503687)，公告日2015/10/11，專利期間：2015/10/11-2033/08/07
- 中華民國發明專利：同時具備低複雜度及高強健性之無限脈衝響應濾波方法 (LOW COMPLEXITY AND HIGH ROUBUSTNESS IIR FILTERING METHOD) ，公告日2016/01/11，專利期間：2015/10/11-2034/03/12
Selected Research Grants
- PI, Computationally Efficient and Highly Robust Digital-Filtering System Synthesis: A Case Study for Mini ECG Denoising Problem. Granted by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan under Contract no. 104-2221-E-468 -009. Total grants: NTD $426,000
- PI, Physiological signal processing for telemedicine: measurements, transmission, filtering, and encryption. Grated by National Science Council in Taiwan under Contract no.100-2221-E-468-005. Total grants: NTD $310,000, 2011-2012.
- PI, Anslysis and optimal design of the digital control systems with finite word length effects. Grated by National Science Council in Taiwan under contract no. 96-2221-E-468-008, 2007-2008. Total grants: NTD$264,000,.
- PI, Development of U-healthcare PDA, granted by China Medical University, 2008. Total grants:USD$300,000
- Co-PI, Management of campus security using RFID technology, granted by Ministry of Education in Taiwan, 2009. Total grants: NTD$4,438,710
- Co-PI, Development and Applications of Power Quality Monitoring Techniques for Electric Power Transmission System(2/3), grated by National Science Council in Taiwan under contract no. 100-3113-P-194-001, 2012-2014. Total grants: NTD $18,840,000
- Co-PI, Development and Applications of Power Quality Monitoring Techniques for Electric Power Transmission System(1/3), grated by National Science Council in Taiwan under contract no. 100-3113-P-194-001, 2012-2014. Total grants: NTD $19,269,000.
- CO-PI, U-healthcare over IPv6, granted by Taiwan Network and Information Center (TWNIC), 2006-2007. Total grants: USD$1,020,000
- Referee, IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, IET Proceedings-Control Theory and Applications.
- Consultant, Da Fon Environmental Technology Co., Ltd.